Due to the success of the Catch A Lift Fund and how quickly we have spread through the veteran community, we are now back logged on applications for 2016. Veterans who are sending in new applications (sent after 9/15/16) can expect a 15 month wait time until they will receive their grant. (if approved)
Thank you for your patience!
Who can apply?
Combat wounded veterans (living within the U.S.) from the Post 9/11 wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, including those suffering from combat related PTSD, that have been rated at least 50% or more by the VA for a combat injury. All service branches may apply. READ BELOW FOR SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS.
This is not just an application for a grant, this is a commitment to your health and fitness which will be tracked by CAL staff members and Squad Leaders throughout the duration of your grant cycle.
In order for an application to be complete, CAL needs:
1. A completed two page application form filled out in it's entirety
2. A copy of your DD214 to show your post 9/11 service in Iraq and/or Afghanistan
3. A copy of your VA documentation which lists your injuries, your rating for each injury and your overall combined rating. This is often referred to by the VA as your summary or narrative. A benefits or claims letter will not be accepted unless it shows the breakdown of your rating. In order to be considered for a CAL Fitness grant, a veteran must be rated at 50% or higher for combat related injuries (atleast one combat related injury must be rated at 30%, they can not be accumulative i.e. multiple 10% ratings.) PTSD is considered a combat related injury.
4. If you are requesting a caregiver membership we must have documentation that your buddy is a VA certified caregiver along with a brief letter of why it is neccessary for you to have a caregiver with you at the gym.Veterans must be rated at 70% or above for combat related injuries in order to be reviewed for a caregiver membership.
5. A PDF or Word Document outlining what fitness means to you, your goals for your 12 month fitness membership grant and your plan to get there. Please include any nutrition or workout plan you intend to use. If you need help outlining a plan from one of our certified fitness experts, please let us know. This document should be NO LESS than 300 words.
Although certain criteria may be met, all applications are reviewed on a case by case basis and decisions are made after careful consideration and at the discretion of the CAL Board of Directors.
ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE SAME TIME FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE ACCEPTED. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNLESS ALL DOCUMENTS ARE SENT TOGETHER.
ALL EMAILED APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO APPLICATIONS@CATCHALIFTFUND.COM- THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR OPENED IF THEY ARE SENT TO ANY OTHER CATCH A LIFT EMAIL ACCOUNT.
You've sent in your application- now what?
Once your application is received by our board, they will contact you by email within 30 business days. If you do not receive a response within that time frame, we did not receive your application. Emailing is always the fastest and most efficient way to have your application viewed.
Once you are approved for the program, the wait is contingent on the backlog which depends on funding and donations. Once we have the funds available to provide you with your fitness grant, we will again contact you by email. All of this will be explained in your approval letter.
Decisions regarding gifted memberships are made following the CATCH A LIFT board's careful consideration of the request and the level of funds available at the time of application. In order to be approved for a caregiver membership, a veteran must be rated at 70% or higher for wounds such as PTSD or physical injury from war that makes it difficuflt to work out with out assistance.
HOW DO I APPLY?
If sending application via mail:
Catch A Lift Fund
ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE SAME TIME FOR THE APPLICATION TO BE ACCEPTED OR PROCESSED.
All applications can be scanned and emailed to: email@example.com, faxed: 1-443-991-4611 * or mailed via the US Postal Service to: Catch A Lift Fund 2066 York Road, Suite 205A, Timonium, MD 21093.
Feel free to contact us at 1-855-GYM4VET with any questions.
* PLEASE NOTE: New fax number! Do NOT use the fax number listed on the application. Please fax to the number highlighted in yellow. Thank you.
Already Submitted an Application?
If you have not been approved and are looking for a status, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to put your first and last name/status in subject line.
Information on Renewing?
If you are coming up on renewal and looking for information on how this process works, please email us at email@example.com Be sure to put your first and last name/renewal in the subject line.